- Weed Control Sprayer - Are You Kidding Me?
Weed Control Sprayer - Are You Kidding Me?
This weed control sprayer (in the back of a Gator) was brought in for service a while back. I couldn't believe my eyes. I have seen lots of dirty equipment but this weed sprayer was so filthy and contaminated with chemical (weed preemergent), that I couldn't believe my eyes.
Have you ever seen anything this bad?
Problems I see:
1. employees operating this weed spray rig will get exposed to herbicide. This bad for the employee and its bad for the organization. What would a workers comp case based on chemical exposure cost you?
2. Its time to GIVE A SH-T! It sure looks like the weed spray tech didn't care about his health or his job. How could the company supervisor, manager, owner not see this and call time out?
3. What message are you sending to the public? Often Gator sprayers are used around apartments, offices, golf courses. All areas where the public may come in contact. Unsafe. Unprofessional. Unsightly.
4. Inviting government inspection. Could word or image of this get to regulatory agencies? Why take the chance?
My thoughts are if you are the tech, clean your weed control spray rig. If you are the boss, clean the equipment. It is time to either find another tech or another job, depending on who is not looking out for the other.