Spray equipment in Arizona is at risk for freeze damage due to deep freeze warning in affect this weekend. Take steps to protect your valuable spraying equipment (power sprayers, B&G sprayers, Birchmeier backpacks, etc.).
Here are some tips:
- Release the pressure on all power sprayers and hand sprayers
- Drian water out of lines where possible
- Remove at risk components (spray gun, filter, pump if possible)
- Move equipment inside if possible
- Create a heated area around equipment if possible (lights, electric heater blanket)
- Put anti-freeze in system as a last option
- Do NOT run frozen spray equipment - you will damage it. Let it thaw out.
- Do not put hot water (or any heat source) on a frozen pump - you will damage it.
- Be sure that your lines don't freeze on the way to your first stop.
Hope this helps. Please share your ideas on preventing freeze damage.