- Pest Control Power Sprayer Tanks - Hope is NOT a Strategy
Pest Control Power Sprayer Tanks - Hope is NOT a Strategy
I just read an article about a FLA Pest Control Company with an overturned truck, a chemical drum flying through the truck roof and traveling 100 feet, and a chemical spill.
This example demonstrates how critical is it to properly secure your pest control power sprayer tank and equipment. Had the container that flew 100 feet landed on anyone or anything, the Company's problems would have been much worse.
At the bottom of this post is a pest control spray rig that uses rubber bands to secure the tank. (NOTE: We did NOT build this rig). I do not believe this is a good idea.
Some of the take aways from this article:
- Be sure all equipment is well secured in your truck (hoping that you will not have a problem is NOT a valid strategy).
- Be sure to do background checks, including driver license checks, on all employees who will be driving for the Company.
- Ride with new employees to observe their driving skills.
- Update Employee manual to include policies regarding use of cell phones, etc. while driving.