Here is one of my favorites. A tech brought in his B&G Sprayer with this spray wand (see photo):
The tech didn't realize that his B&G Spray wandis not a crowbar to be used for opening gates, cabinets, etc.
A couple of comments:
1. Your B&G Sprayer is an important and valuable piece of equipment, use it properly
2. Do not use B&G Spray wand for anything but spraying
Owners & Supervisors:
3. train techs on proper operation
4. retrain techs on proper operation. Just because you showed them on day 1 doesn't mean they are doing what you want
5. Inspect equipment regularly
6. The stick: hammer techs who abuse equipment
7. The carrot: publicly compliment or reward techs who take great care of their pest control equipment.
If you have great photos or stories of epic pest control equipment fails, please share.