When buying a new tank:
- Determine what size tank you need based on the number of jobs per day and number of gallons per job.
- Tank size:
- Too big creates problems for the vehicle (stopping, control, repairs).
- Too small will kill productivity.
- It’s better to fill a 100-gallon tank halfway then to have to fill a 50-gallon tank twice a day.
- Make sure there’s a shut off valve right after the tank fitting so you can shut off the water flow if there’s a problem (for bottom feed tanks).
- Make sure it’s easy to open the lid and put chemicals into the tank.
Tank maintenance issues
- You must clean the tank periodically to prevent chemical buildup and debris from getting into the sprayer.
- Periodically check to ensure the tank is well secured (straps, bolts).